ME!!
I finally - FINALLY - beat josh at Settlers of Catan. Settlers of Catan is our newest addition to our game collection, and is the first to break away from games that have to do with spelling - Scrabble, Boggle, etc. I would think, being the highly intelligent person that I am, I would routinely beat josh at the word-games. But alas, I don't.
When I discovered how involved Settlers of Catan is (ie, it takes close to an hour to understand the directions if you are a new player; the instruction book is 12 pages long) I knew I stood no chance. It's a strategy game. There's a reason josh does what he does and I raise the children. I'm not so big on strategery. :)
But I won. I totally won. Granted, I had to deviate from my normal mode of play, which involves being very nice and not making moves that intentionally sabotage other players' (=husband's) efforts. But, I won.
Josh: 6,743,907
Rachel: 1
7 comments:
I TOTALLY know how you feel! Steve almost always wins at every game we play. So the first time I beat him at Settlers of Catan - lets just say I was a bad winner... I rubbed it in, a lot. Since then I have become more graceful when I win. (And yes, I have won against Steve 4 times. I AM counting!)
Wish I could play with y'all!! :)
Play with the expansion pack - it makes it even more fun!
Well..I apparently am totally out of some loop as I have no idea what this game is! The only game I ever win at over dad is Yahtzee and for the first time ever...he beat me recently. It was a sad night as my string of luck finally ended. If the instructions are 12 pages long..I'm not sure I want any part of this game. I am proud of you, little one. :) Mom
Love catan! We use to have an old wrapping paper roll that we called our scepter & whoever won Catan got to keep the scepter.
Oh my gosh!!! We are HUGE Settlers players. I know how it is to have the strategy savvy husband who conquers all things competitive. But I am turning into a pretty killer Settlers player..have you tried the expansion- Cities and Knights? It's out of control.
I, too.. am out of the loop. I thought that the Settlers of Catan were some group in the bible that I had not heard of yet. Whew... missed that story in Sunday School. I'm proud of you beating Josh. And, when the moms win? It's worth like 50 Dad wins.
Jake and I are SO into Settlers!
Someday will make the trip to see you and we can all play...I think Josh and Jake would get along famously.
I hardly ever win, either...He says I'm just to "nice" to win at it. :)
We LOVE that game...will be playing it next week with the family...we bought Seafares and the extended addition so you can play with 6 people...I have to admit I am pretty good...I usually beat J who has a strategy of not sure what? But we have fun and I get to be competitive :)
Post a Comment