Saturday, May 10, 2008

uninvited

I'm just putting the last batch of dinner rolls in the oven when samantha wheels her Dora suitcase into the kitchen and informs me : Me and Emma are going to the beach! See ya later!

Seeing this as an opportunity to quit "doing things" and play with my kids in a way they enjoy, I said to her: Let me put this in the oven and I'll come too!

A look of confusion crept over her face.

Finally, after a few seconds of silent considering, she answered: No, you can't go. You need to stay here.

So much for that idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well..you're always welcome here!! Happy Mother's Day, beautiful daughter! And...you NEVER need an invitation! I love you.....MOM

Anonymous said...

HUMMMMMMMMMMM the last times that happened to me they each left for college.....:)
Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day
love you all
Marilyn