Saturday, May 24, 2008

excited...

...that's how emma and samantha felt when the doorbell rang last week. A package had arrived, and the girls always know that packages are good things, very good things. They didn't know that I had requested loads of antibacterial soap from my parents. I didn't know my parents had packed so many goodies in there for them. Everyone was happy.


You may have heard about a little virus that's spreading around the country (the country we live in, probably not the country you live in!). Just to be on the safe side, we've taken emma out of preschool for a while and I have transformed my usual laid-back self into a very freakish handwasher. I appealed to my parents to support the cause, and for my efforts I received large quantities of fab smelling anti-bac stuff. (some of it was that heavenly bath and body works stuff....aaahhhh!)


anyway, package-opening is usually an after dinner affair. In typical fashion, after dinner the girls got to see what was in the package. In addition to my soaps, the girls got new swimsuits, and some other fun matching stuff. Most of you know that my two sisters are also close in age, and they spent much of their childhood parading around in matching outfits. I am so a fan of matching outfits now that I have kids old enough to wear them. Tell me this is not cute -

Anyway, the swimsuits were a big hit. Rumor has it john and rachel's new apartment complex has a nice pool - hopefully we'll get some pool time this summer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the swimmers were a hit!! Dad picked out all the "good stuff" from Bath and Body...while we both tackled Walmart. :(
It's always a happier trip when we get to go to T Town, but we had to go to the one nearest the Post Office.
At the last second when we were leaving, those little matching Strawberry Shortcake dresses were spotted. They SCREAMED...Mantha & Emma....we had NO choice!
If we need to send more stuff..let us know. We love you sweetheart.
MOM and dad (w/o his permission)

Vegas Bridges said...

Oh, how I miss that smile! I have been thinking of you all often. Please tell her that I said hello! (I doubt if she'll remember me..but that's alright...)
I would love to hear from you!

Swirl Girl said...

I love matching getups! Alas... my girls do not find it cute anymore. Relish the times that they enjoy dressing alike. I have been a terrible cousin and have not taken the books to Nana's. I am still gathering some. So, maybe when my life slows down i will just send them. I love the pics of your favorite street!

Anonymous said...

emma and samantha

we sure do like your swim suits. we like strawberry shortcakes! we have to get brand new swim suits because our daddy's ink pen went through the wash and ruined ours. maybe we'll find strawberry shortcakes like you!

ashley and abigail

(abigail would like to come live with you in chnerland!)