Thursday, May 01, 2008

snow?!

The weather has been c-r-a-z-y here recently. It seems like it goes back and forth from being super chilly and burning up, which has brought non-stop comments from bystanders and concerned citizens that my children are dressed inappropriately for that day's weather. [That is one huge difference from american culture - everyone feels like their opinion is worth sharing and ought to be heeded.]

To prove my point, I'm posting these pics we took two weeks ago, in mid-april...

ok, you probably weren't fooled...it wasn't really snow but isn't that cottonwood wild? Two weeks ago, a friend on a study-abroad program with her university came down for the weekend and we took her to this park. The cottonwood flying around was crazy enough to deserve a picture.

Anyway, one reason the weekend was so fun was because this friend of ours is the same age as my Holly and Katie. It was fun watching her play with the girls, observing them as they watched her every move. It was great having a "cool" girl around, even though it reminded me how very quickly I have fallen from the ranks of cool. It's almost like there's a "cool" switch in your body that gets shut off after childbirth or something.
The park we went to is right by my friend Amy's house, and the spring weather brought out all the best of it! Flowers were blooming everywhere, and people were swarming the park enjoying the fragrance and beauty of God's creation. We all wanted in on the picture-taking action...We weren't the only ones taking pictures...mantha trying to find her way...wandering...in no hurry... ...taking a break for a quick tea party...

...mom always has to ruin the fun and ask for a picture...


Emma, pretty as one of those purple flowers behind her...(in her cute new dress from hong kong)



Thanks T, for such a fun weekend! hope you enjoyed the pics - holly and katie, your time is coming....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...all those flowers are lovely! Almost as lovely as you, the girls, and T. :) How wonderful it is to wake up to the blog! Life is good. That 13 hour difference at times is worth it. Just when you think you can't stand it another minute...you post. :) I love you, Rachel. And...I cannot wait until Holly and KT are reunited with you, J, and precious Emma and Mantha. They will be so surprised..I'm sure they have grown up so much since last October. Love....MIMI

Morello Madness said...

You crack me up! I was trying to figure out where I was when it snowed two weeks ago! I was sure I was losing my mind because I couldn't remember it at all! Fun pics at "my" park!

Anonymous said...

I am not going to lie...I am way jealous of that study-abroad girl getting to hang out with my nieces who I so desperately want to see:) And rach you are still COOL! You come up with such fun,creative things for emma and mantha to do. They got lucky having you for a mom!Josh is ok too:)
Anyway, I can't wait to see all of you! Please give the girls a huge hug for me. love you all

Anonymous said...

love holly

Anonymous said...

well I am more jealous of the study abroad girl!!! i deserve to be there :) I want to see my nieces whom I talk about daily because they are the background of my computer screen. Daily people ask OMG who are those little girls. Of course I reply, the cutest nieces in the world. miss you all!! love you

katie

Anonymous said...

I have also totally lost my "cool". Yes, I do think it happens the moment you give birth. Seriously, I use to be so fun & cool & hip. I actually washed my hair & changed my clothes. This morning I pulled a shirt out of the dirty clothes (oh, yes I did) and forgot to put on deodorant. 0 for 2 today.