Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pictures I usually miss: Part 1

I'm starting a new segment on my show...um, I mean my blog...and it's about pictures I never take because I never have my camera with me. Because I always have my children with me.


BUT, there are a few times when I am childless and so I therefore have resolved to try to take more pictures because sometimes, there are just funny things that I want you to see. Sometimes it's not funny, but I still want you to see it.


Today I'd like to introduce you to my favorite street. It's really only my favorite street in the spring and summer, when the trees are at their peak of leaves. This is the street I walk down almost every day; it takes me to McDonalds, the grocery store, the bank, my kindergarten class, our friday afternoon picnic spot...you name it, I probably use this street to get there. I love this street because it always makes me feel like I'm walking through a big, fat leafy tunnel. I like that. (there are no nice leafy canopies over the actual road, only on the sidewalks, so you don't get the same effect if you drive.) They're still doing all sorts of nasty construction on my most fave street, to make better sidewalks and bike lanes and such, but I still like it.


What do you think?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for big green trees!

Anonymous said...

I love this street! : )
It's a happy street for sure!

Anonymous said...

Rachel--what a beautiful sight--that lovely path through the trees. I hope it is a place where you can feel the calmness of his presence. He has not given us a spirit of fear--but of love, and peace and a sound mind. Loving all of you so much. Nana

Anonymous said...

I agree, we love tree overhanged streets as well. Hope to see you soon.
-S,M & E