Monday, May 05, 2008

Family fun day!!

Weekends, ahhhhh, the weekend. Fun times to do fun things. Since the extroverts previously known as Josh and Rach have turned somewhat introverted through the years, we sometimes avoid going out on the weekends because places are so unbelievably crowded. BUT every so often, we do. AND I've been trying to take my camera with me more (hence, pictures of samantha on a bus, which was previously unheard of).

Last weekend, we all went to the soccer staduim down the street from our house. There's usually lots of fun activities down there, not to mention a pizza hut! So off we went for the morning. Emma loves walking on ledges, curbs, walls, etc... This street is lined with shrubs that have a nice-sized ledge for her to walk on; you can kind of see the lights from the sports stadium in the background.Part of the reason we went out was because the weekend brings out all sorts of extracurricular groups - little kids, some as young as 3 or 4, take karate classes, rollerblading classes...and it all happens in public. Emma annd samantha both like watching the "big kids" do fun things. This little class of rollerbladers is getting an early morning stretch in the parking lot before their class starts.For those too young to join the classes, wealthy families can purchase a speedy little roadster for their guy or gal to zoom around in.Over in this area is a little "sports ground" where you can get your exercise, Asia-style! This is the only driving our kids will be doing anytime soon!This whole olympics thing is kind of like the never ending soundtrack of our lives...we see it everywhere, we hear it everywhere, everyone and everything is all-olympics, all-the-time. We're even going to rent a TV for the two weeks of the olympics - woo hoo! So, we're trying to get the girls in on the excitement too!Treadmill: no electricity required.little girls doing things i now only reminisce about...kids of all ages enjoying the chance to "work out"...Just across the street from the little exercise place, we stumbled on this beautiful and secluded patch of grass, just begging to be used for a picnic someday. The grass was lush, devoid of animal poop, and shady. Lovely. That was a capital L.Ok, sorry for all the grass pictures. i'm not grass obsessed, just sometimes I feel a little grass deprived so I get overly excited about the green stuff. Last one, courtesy of the self-timer.After the impromptu grass photo shoot, we took emma and samantha down the street to the gym wherer josh and I go almost every day. They are always asking if they can go to the gym with us, if they can work out. We thought since we were in the area, we'd give them a little peek at where we go. Way to go, josh!One cheesy-crust filled pizza later, we let the girls choose one ride from the outdoor plaza to ride on. They both agreed on the cars, and I was tickled watching them make their rounds - I was surprised at their delight!




It was a great way to spend a breezy saturday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day to go with a beautiful family. The girls look so happy to be on that little car ride. In my mind..I can think back of you and Dustin on the little rides at the fair or Six Flags or Disney World. I don't think there was much of anything that could compete with RIDES!!
We might get the additional coverage on the games if we knew exactly what/when to watch. You might give me a ring on that. Who could miss the family of blondes in the crowd?? :)
Glad you all had a happy family day with a pretty blue sky.
I love you... MOM

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

okay josh I saw the pic of you benching the bar on the bench press... EVEN I, with my twig arms, could bench the BAR!! come on.. step it up next time.. at least for the picture :)

katie